Решено Help with Canvas Fingerprint

Dragunov

Dragunov

Реакции
Hello. I was checking my browsers when I came across a very strange situation. BrowserLeaks identifies my Canvas browser fingerprint as "Uniqueness 99.99% (7 of 156078 user agents have the same signature)"

The strange thing is that in addition to being almost unique, both Dolphin and GoLogin have the same Signature in their browsers.

From what I saw a while ago, this should be something worrying given the fact that I'm more unique for Facebook to identify.

If anyone could answer me I would be very grateful.

Вложения

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    4.4 КБ · Просмотры: 49
Решение
knowmoresleepless
It's understandable to be concerned about your browser fingerprint being almost unique, especially if you're trying to maintain anonymity or privacy online. Here are a few points to consider:
  • Browser Fingerprinting: Browser fingerprinting is a technique used by websites to track and identify users based on various attributes of their web browser and device. Canvas fingerprinting, in particular, involves using the HTML5 Canvas element to generate a unique identifier based on the rendering of text or images.
  • Uniqueness: A high uniqueness percentage, such as 99.99%, means that your browser fingerprint is very distinct and not commonly shared among other users. This can make you more easily identifiable by websites...
It's understandable to be concerned about your browser fingerprint being almost unique, especially if you're trying to maintain anonymity or privacy online. Here are a few points to consider:
  • Browser Fingerprinting: Browser fingerprinting is a technique used by websites to track and identify users based on various attributes of their web browser and device. Canvas fingerprinting, in particular, involves using the HTML5 Canvas element to generate a unique identifier based on the rendering of text or images.
  • Uniqueness: A high uniqueness percentage, such as 99.99%, means that your browser fingerprint is very distinct and not commonly shared among other users. This can make you more easily identifiable by websites, including Facebook.
  • Using Multiple Browsers: It's interesting that both Dolphin and GoLogin have the same browser signature as yours. This could indicate that these browsers are configured in a similar way or have similar characteristics that contribute to the fingerprint.
  • Privacy Concerns: If you're concerned about being tracked online, you can take steps to minimize browser fingerprinting. This may include using browser extensions or settings that block canvas fingerprinting, disabling JavaScript, or using privacy-focused browsers or tools.
  • Anonymity and Security: While it's important to be aware of browser fingerprinting and its implications for privacy, it's also important to balance this with considerations for security. Some level of browser fingerprinting is used for security purposes, such as detecting and preventing fraudulent activity.
In conclusion, while a highly unique browser fingerprint may raise privacy concerns, there are steps you can take to mitigate tracking and protect your anonymity online. Consider exploring privacy-focused browser configurations and tools to enhance your online privacy and security.

Решение
Hi man, thanks for your reply. The strange thing is that I have different settings in all browsers, which leads me to think that it is some program unique to my computer that may be affecting it.

What do you recommend I do to make my canvas more common? Do you believe that this exclusivity could be impacting my results? I'm thinking about formatting my computer.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

• Uniqueness: A high uniqueness percentage, such as 99.99%, means that your browser fingerprint is very distinct and not commonly shared among other users. This can make you more easily identifiable by websites, including Facebook.
Hi man, thanks for your reply. The strange thing is that I have different settings in all browsers, which leads me to think that it is some program unique to my computer that may be affecting it.

What do you recommend I do to make my canvas more common? Do you believe that this exclusivity could be impacting my results? I'm thinking about formatting my computer.

Hey there! It sounds like you're facing some unique challenges with your browser settings. If you suspect that there might be a program on your computer affecting your Canvas experience, it could be worth investigating further.

Before formatting your computer, you might want to try a few troubleshooting steps:
  • Clear Browser Cache: Clearing your browser's cache and cookies can sometimes resolve unexpected issues with web pages. Each browser has its own method for doing this, so you may need to look up instructions specific to your browser.
  • Disable Browser Extensions: Sometimes browser extensions or add-ons can interfere with website functionality. Try disabling any extensions you have installed, one at a time, to see if the issue resolves.
  • Try a Different Browser: If you're experiencing issues in one browser, try accessing Canvas in a different browser to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is specific to one browser or more widespread.
  • Check System Settings: Review your computer's system settings to ensure there are no unusual configurations or restrictions that could be impacting your browsing experience.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, and you believe formatting your computer might help, it could be worth considering as a last resort. However, be sure to back up any important files or data before proceeding with a format.

Regarding the impact of exclusivity on your results, it's difficult to say without more information about your specific situation. While having unique browser settings may not directly impact your Canvas experience, it's always a good idea to ensure compatibility with commonly used configurations to reach a wider audience.

I hope these suggestions help, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns!

Hello, canvas is turned off by default and the signature changes when you turn it on.
So should we turn it on, do we need it?
I don't know about this, I heard that most people don't activate it.
I'm talking about Dolphin.